Why Infographics should be a part of your content marketing strategy?
As defined by Wikipedia, “Infographics are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly.” In other words, infographics combine design, text and images to simplify and present complex information into easy to understand visuals. In the past two years, the Google search for infographics has been widely increased by 800%. Known as the latest trend in digital marketing, many internet marketing services providers have joined the bandwagon and made infographics an intrinsic part of their content marketing strategy. Here are some of the main benefits of using infographics:
1) 90 % of the information processed by the brain is visual. We tend to remember more of what we see, than what we read. In addition, the attention span of audiences has highly decreased. People prefer to scan and get the message rather than reading the entire text. As a result, the information given by infographics is more easily consumed and understood than the long and heavy written piece of text.
2) Audiences today are overloaded with information, with internet being the primary resource. The key is no longer to provide informative content but to get interest for the information you provide. Infographics work as the best attention grabbing tool that compels the audience to read and share information. Infographics appeal to the visual senses of audiences whilst making them read only the important and necessary information.
3) A well-designed infographic embedded with your company logo enhances your brand. If the content as well as the graphic of your infographic is interesting, there are high chances of it being shared virally on social media and popular blogs. As the infographic has your logo embedded in it, it exposes your brand to a wider audience.
4) Infographic is an excellent link building tactic and thus helps to drive traffic to your website. The code provided to publish infographic on a website or a blog is an embed code. This code creates an automatic link from the site sharing your infographic to your site. As a result, you get a lot of quality backlinks and therefore will rank higher in the search results.
5) Creating an effective infographic with accurate statistics, figures and crisp text requires extensive research. It also requires great expertise and proficiency to convey the required message in easy to understand and limited words. Thus, an excellent infographic also showcases the brand’s expertise on the subject.
Whether you are a SEO company in the UK or a SEO company in Mumbai, India, integrating infographics as part of your content marketing strategy will not only enable you to stay ahead of your competitors but will also increase your traffic, visibility and leads.