Social media websites are one of the most powerful tools used for digital marketing. They help businesses to target the masses. Advertising through social media websites helps gain maximum online viewership. Instagram attracts customers, spreads awareness and allows brand retention and recall.
Small and medium enterprises find that Instagram is a cost-effective measure of interacting with relevant audiences. It is one of the most effective ways to connect with people. Users share photographs of actual products with one another. The website encourages feedback and increases followers. Visual content helps businesses engage with online viewers. According to research, Instagram is the most user-active website present on the World Wide Web.
Advertising through Instagram is free, but it also has a paid advertising option for businesses to explore more opportunities. It guarantees a good return on investment. Creating a good Instagram advertising campaign does not take much time, and it s affordable for companies to share professional images, promote products and receive instant feedback.
The advantages of advertising on Instagram are that it:
- Builds trust with the audience – Social networking websites work in favour of customers. Their ultimate aim is to make customers happy. Businesses aim to build long-lasting relationships with the audience. Advertising via Instagram helps transparent communication to build trust and achieve more sales.
- Engages the audience – Online interactivity connects customers with the brand. It paves the way for positive engagement and engages the audience. Social media agencies in Mumbai consider Instagram to be the most user-friendly and interactive social media website currently available, finding more followers compared to others.
- Gives importance to user-generated content – Companies in general do not publish user content on their websites. Instagram gives customers an opportunity to post pictures, feedback and suggestions about a product/service. This leverages brand value and spreads positivity about the brand.
- Creates brand awareness – Instagram has the largest amount of active users that constantly interact with one another and spread brand awareness. It is the best way to create brand exposure and be known among online users.
- Monitors performance – Businesses can monitor performances and compare strategies that work well for the brand. Companies get an idea about the kind of content that can be used to improve future posts.
- Advertises through videos – Instagram stories and live videos are in demand, as they generate more views. It is one of the easiest ways to convey information and stay connected with customers. Videos are usually short and crisp and communicate the message effectively.
Small businesses using SMO services in Mumbai use Instagram to develop personal relations with customers. Companies post exactly what the customers are searching for. Hashtags are the most important elements used to gather a pool of customers. Engaged content receives more user attention compared to visual content. It increases the chances of making customers buy products instantly.
Online audiences love to play and win prizes in different contests. Instagram is a good platform to engage with the public and increase followers. Businesses can think of theme-based contests and encourage maximum participation. This is a nice way to attract freebie seekers, promote products and spread brand awareness.
Social media campaigns are well-coordinated marketing efforts to reinforce business goals. There are different campaigns on social media to spread brand awareness, identify brand loyalty and retain existing customers. Such campaigns bring in revenue to businesses. Content marketing and pay-per-click are commonly used by small and medium enterprises. This ensures there is an increase in traffic. Companies measure their online presence using the total number of visitors on their website.
Social media users share a large amount of content on different platforms. This content is prioritised and considered trustworthy. Online users focus on relevant content. The attention span of the online surfer is limited to a few seconds. Thus, businesses have very little time to attract and engage visitors on their website. Small and medium enterprises opt for robust social media advertising strategies. Paid advertising helps companies get more followers.
Some techniques for running successful social media campaigns are as follows:
- Understand campaign goals – It is important to collaborate with the team and understand the exact results expected out of a campaign. They can be to promote an event, launch a product, educate the masses or for non-profit purposes. This is used to measure the effectiveness of the campaign.
- Know the audience – Social media agencies in Mumbai advise businesses to know their target audience well, so that proper campaigns are planned and organised. Companies classify their audiences into different categories depending on the product/service.
- Promote the campaign – Different social media channels use different forms of advertising. Some of them include blogs, articles, videos, images, short content and pop ups. Such advertisements work well for their online audience. It encourages interaction and keeps the user engaged.
- Create content calendar – Scheduling and planning content for a week or month makes it easier to track various developments on websites. It forms the basic outline of daily activities and keeps things well organised. It helps to create planned strategies for user engagement.
- Plan advertising flow – Effective advertising takes the audience from the ‘awareness and interest’ stage to the ‘desire and action’ stage. This results in conversion and boosts sales. Social media users usually buy products that receive good online reviews and ratings. Businesses plan advertisements to move customers through the sales channel.
- Use visual content – Online users are more likely to read content that is visually appealing. This means fun and engaging pictures draw more customer attention. Social media agencies in Mumbai don’t always hire graphic designers for this job. There are several tools available online to create personalised images within seconds. Users are sure to see such pictures, provided they are attractive.
- Respond to all queries – Once a campaign has begun, social media users are sure to comment and ask questions. Businesses should be ready to answer all queries within the stipulated time period. Most companies set alerts so that the concerned person can respond quickly.
- Measure and optimise the work done – Online content competes with other advertisements that target the same audience. Businesses should measure the effectiveness of their current campaign and check conversion rates. If there are a small number of visitors, a change of strategy is required.
- Regular follow-ups – Once the social media campaign has been completed, businesses can showcase pictures, videos, arrange for contests, give away prizes to lucky winners and schedule an event recap. This is an indirect way of gauging audience interest and the effectiveness of the campaign.
Social networking websites have become the most common platforms for people to keep in touch with friends and relatives. It is used to post information, share knowledge and even sell products/ services. This is one place where companies find it very convenient to reach out to masses. Also, suggestions and feedback in the form of comments and likes help to improve features of products.
Facebook is undoubtedly the most used social networking website. It has seen active users since the time of inception. It has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for people belonging to different age groups. Advertising is often attached with an increased expense. Facebook advertising is probably the cheapest form of promoting a product or service. Some other advantages of advertising businesses on Facebook are as follows.
- Increases exposure – Facebook gives maximum exposure to existing as well as potential customers thus building a good social network.
- Lowers marketing expense – Businesses can cut down on extra costs such as banners and hoardings, and instead create an official page using attractive photographs to lure customers.
- Builds brand awareness – Facebook advertising helps to spread brand awareness and make people know more about the product or service. It is the first step involved in marketing.
- Builds brand loyalty – Happy customers would go an extra mile to like and share product details on their personal timelines. Internet marketing agencies believe that this helps the company realise their market value and customer’s loyalty towards their product.
- Increases Web traffic – Facebook links, videos and pictures draw customer attention. Using Website links on Facebook pages would indirectly drive traffic on company website with a view to promote sales.
- Ease of access – Facebook app being available on mobile phones makes it easy for customers to access links at their convenience. Majority of Facebook users access their accounts through mobiles.
- Reach target audience – Facebook advertising helps companies to target relevant customers by age, behaviour, location, interests and gender. It is the most targeted form of advertising that assists in reaching out to an appropriate audience.
- Drives immediate results – SEO company in Mumbai considers Facebook to be the most effective way to drive traffic and increase conversion. It is easy to reach out to maximum people in the least possible time.
- Engages website visitors – Majority of company websites display Facebook links on their home page. This is called remarketing that aims to target visitors and re-engage them using company’s Facebook page.
- Increases referrals – Facebook users are more likely to share links with friends online. This helps in making advertisements viral and reach the target audience in no time.
- Real–time marketing – Advertising on Facebook happens in real-time. Companies can keep a track of campaign performances and change it at any given point. Radio ads, print ads or even television ads would not have this advantage.
- Effective form of advertising – Facebook advertising helps to adapt a social strategy that is common for all online users. Customers are free to comment on posts as per their understanding.
- Spy competitors – Majority of businesses are advertised on Facebook. It helps companies to look at competitors, their methodology and make changes to present way of marketing if required.
Boasting of about 2 billion visitors per day, YouTube is the second most visited website in the world, making it an ideal medium for advertising and marketing. If a company wants to generate curiosity about their product among the customers before its launch, a video on YouTube has the ability to gather attention of the required target audience without opting for traditional advertising mediums such as television and print. Boasting of about 2 billion visitors per day, YouTube is the second most visited website in the world, making it an ideal medium for advertising and marketing.
If a company wants to generate curiosity about their product among the customers before its launch, a video on YouTube has the ability to gather attention of the required target audience without opting for traditional advertising mediums such as television and print. Owing to its wide reach, YouTube videos are viewed by several hundred customers every passing minute. However, the reach of the video depends on its quality. Additionally, a YouTube video serves many other purposes which can summarised as:
It educates people about the product
It demonstrates the product applications
Adds a fun element with the help of creative animations and typography
Engages customers who may not be interested in the product
Create audio-visual medium to attract specific target audience
The rising importance of YouTube
The key element for companies to increase their online presence is to ensure that customers view and share their content. YouTube provides a platform to promote, share and comment on a video, which enables companies to communicate their product easily to a wide range of customers. YouTube is emerging as one of the most successful tools for product promotion due to the following reasons:
Businesses find it easier to promote their product with a simple video that showcases the benefits of their product. The quality of the content and graphics play a vital role to attract visitors to share and comment for the company to receive valuable feedback.
The most crucial aspect for development of any company is to gain feedback about their product. YouTube videos help to identify whether the product is a success or failure with the number of views and comments from the visitors.
It is not always possible to connect with customers from remote locations. YouTube videos help to gain access to such customers and promises to increase the customer base.
Many businesses are unable to reach out to clients to resolve their queries and problems. As YouTube videos enable viewers to comment on the video, any grievances can be addressed systematically.
In order to increase the brand visibility, companies enable viewers to comment on the videos and let them share the videos across various social media platforms. This helps viewers to make an informed choice before purchasing a product as well as help companies promote their brand.
In addition to comments received on videos, YouTube insights provides a statistical input that enables companies to track the number of visitors viewing the video. This helps companies to analyse the success or failure of their YouTube campaign.
Increase website traffic:
Website links are displayed on videos which help to generate traffic towards the company website. This, eventually helps in diverting traffic from the YouTube video to the main website.
Save on cash:
Advertising through traditional means of advertising is possible only for companies with a big budget. There are no charges to upload a video on YouTube. Even with no cost undertaken, companies generate huge traffic towards their website, which results in higher profitability with least investment.
Advertise on YouTube
With millions of viewers active on YouTube every day, it becomes an attractive platform for companies to advertise their product since several options are available depending on the type of advertising campaign.
Establishing relationship with customers
A video can go Viral
Since there are numerous examples on how YouTube videos go viral, this invariably gives companies the scope to receive views from millions of customers. A video that has a bit of humour, is unique and generates a buzz in the market, such a video is shared numerous times on various Social Media Platforms generating a significant amount of traffic to the company website.
Address customer comments
If a business is promoting its product on YouTube, there will be certain queries in the form of comments. The company can address these queries by asking questions, providing step by step solutions and add links which can direct them to the related video that solve the problem. Companies must ensure that the answers to the queries are to the point to maintain their YouTube customer base.
Ask customers to Subscribe
To increase the subscriber base of a YouTube Channel, companies can urge their viewers to press the subscribe button at the end of videos. Subscribing a video enables the viewers to stay updated with all the videos that will be uploaded by the company in future.
Add website link to videos
Adding the link of the website in the start and end of the video gives the viewer information about the company. Placing the website link of the company helps divert traffic from YouTube to the website which in turn increases website traffic. There are widgets and buttons which enable the user to place the website URL in the YouTube video.
Key statistics on YouTube marketing
Social Media marketing in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, Nottingham and several cities in UK have created a significant platform for businesses to market their product on the digital medium. As highlighted earlier on the important benefits of marketing a product through YouTube, listed below are some key statistics which makes YouTube a reliable and dependable platform to save cost and market products efficiently:
World over, people watch 6 Billion hours of video on YouTube every month
The average YouTube session on mobile is now 40 minutes
1 Billion people across the world use YouTube every month
400 hours of video are uploaded on YouTube every minute
1 hour of video is uploaded on YouTube EVERY SECOND!
YouTube is localized in 61 countries and across 61 languages
Most successful YouTube campaigns
With YouTube providing a vast platform to advertise, the manner in which a video is created with unique ideas leads to an uproar in the world of Social Media. Given below are some successful YouTube campaigns which captured the attention of millions of YouTube viewers within minutes.
Dove – Real women, real rewards
Dove, with their ‘Real Beauty Sketches’ campaign created a significant impact in promoting their product. The video received about 114 million views within the first month itself. This video was available in 25 languages on 33 official YouTube channels reaching consumers in over 110 countries.
Evian – the inner child that keeps on giving
Evian’s campaign of ‘baby and me’ depicts adults in their baby avatars. The campaign received 100 million view in weeks with frequent updates on their Facebook page and various other promotional tools.
Lay’s – Crowdsourced crunch
Lay’s ‘Do us a Flavor’ was a campaign asking customers to suggest a new flavor for the potato chip brand and gave the customers an opportunity to win 1 million dollars. There were about 4 million suggested flavors sent through Facebook and SMS’s. The campaign increased their fan base three-folds and led to over 12% rise in sales across the USA.
With equality campaigns creating a frenzy in 2014, ‘Always #LikeAGirl’ received 53.5 Million views on YouTube leading the ‘Always’ brand to gain immense popularity across the world.
Bal Rai is an Internet Marketing Consultant at eTrack Media, a leading SEO Company in Mumbai that provides the best search optimisation services, social media marketing services, and web design and development services to full-service marketing firms as well as end clients.
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- February 2017
- August 2016
- July 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- September 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013